Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Little Guy and Charlotte's Web


Little Guy and I have been reading a chapter or two in Charlotte's Web every night before bed. Tonight our conversation was so sweet:


Little Guy: Mama, Why is Charlotte going to help Wilbur?
Me: Why do you think?

Little Guy: umm...because they are friends?!

Me: Yes. How do you think Charlotte will help Wilbur?

Little Guy: I know! He could hide in a hole!

Me: Would the hole be in the barn or outside of the barn?

Little Guy: It would be outside the barn. Then when Mr. Zuckman (Zuckerman) is done looking for him, Wilbur could come out of the hole.

Me: Where would Wilbur go after he climbs out of the hole?

Little Guy: He would go back and wait with Charlotte.

Me: What would they be waiting for?

Little Guy: They would wait for Mrs. Zuckman (Zuckerman) to look for Wilbur...and then Wilbur would go back into his hole again.

Me: Wow! That is so creative...should we keep reading and see what happens?

Little Guy: YES!


I love reading together with the kids. They have the best imaginations!

2 comments:

Rachel said...

How adorable! I love hearing how kids respond to treasured books for the first time... Love it!

Shan said...

That is sweet - I don't get to read with Mandy much anymore :( I should probably make her read those chapter books to me!