Monday, August 31, 2009

Our Home School

We have been very busy ever since we found out our beloved school SACA had to close. (sorry for the lack of posts...it has been a little crazy around here.) Hubby and I tossed around the idea of putting our children into another private school, but none in the area can compare to the education our children received at SACA! (Not to mention how much I loved teaching at the school my children were attending!) We also wanted our children to continue being classically trained. So, we decided the best thing to do was home school our children.
Thankfully, we have some friends who also wanted to have their children home schooled...and asked if I would teach their children right along with my own. My kids are thrilled to have one student each in their "class." (except Little Guy...he is our only Kindergartner!)

After, we made our decision, we needed to figure out where we would teach the children. Tiger and Little Guy have missed being roommates. So, Hubby asked them if they would want to share a room again. Thankfully, they were thrilled to bunk back up together and I was thrilled to have a room dedicated for school!We start next week! I will be sure and keep you all posted on how we are doing!

6 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

I just can't believe it, this is so great. I have to admit I am absolutely jealous. I wish I could do this. I am so nervous about my kids starting public school in the states (well you know, I think we talked about this before).

Can't wait to here about all your updates!!! You are amazing.

Jen S said...

Your homeschool room is SO CUTE!! I know that's not the ultimate goal (to be cute), but you just did such a great job making it look like a classroom! You are going to do a great job! I look forward to reading updates. :)

Growing In Grace Magazine said...

Thanks for coming by GGM. I like how you arranged your desks. Very interactive. :O)

~Sisterlisa
Owner of GGM

Kristen said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Good luck with homeschooling and getting the year underway. Your schoolroom looks great - I am a little envious of the space.

Cathi Hamen said...

I echo Jen! I know you will do fabulous! Nice start!! :O)

Mommy Mac said...

Hi sweet blog stopper by-er!!!

Thanks for visiting me!!

God works in truly amazing ways! I am in my 3rd week of homeschooling my 2 boys!

How crazy is that???

My boys are 4 and 2 so we I have designed my own pre-school curriculum as I taught for 7 years before having children.

I am loving watching them learn! Just tonight the entire family had our letter "B" lesson as we "B"uilt and "B" baked our own pizzas and then "B"aked "B"rownies for dessert!

The flexibility of home school!!!

Tomorrow we are letting "B"aloons go at our local "B"each as we go to sail our "B"oats we "B"uilt this week. Then it's off to daddy's "B"all game tomorrow night!

I am having a "B"last, can you tell?!

Good luck with your new endeavor as mommy and teacher combined under one roof!

Please stop back by every so often!

Oh, appliqued and personalized t-shirts are made to order! Email me at meghan@kmaccreations for ideas you have and from there I can give you pricing details!!

.mac :)