Saturday, December 13, 2008

A Wonderful Hubby and Morning

This morning I went for my usual jog and workout with friends...and then we grabbed coffee and chatted for a little while. I usually get home by 8:30 and start breakfast for the family. Today however, was very different. When I arrived home, this is what I found...

The boys making sausage gravy...supervised by hubby

and Cutie making biscuits

It was a pleasant surprise to an already wonderful morning. I am so blessed to have such a wonderful hubby. He loves spending time with the family. The kids were thrilled to help cook with dad AND get a very unhealthy breakfast! Did I mention that he took them all to the store to get all the ingredients and juice. He even googled a recipe for gravy! What an amazing hubby! What a great example for my children. Love you honey!

6 comments:

Rachel said...

you have an amazing family!

Blake and Hollie said...

Isn't that what makes you realize you have the best family in the whole world!? That is so awesome!!

Blake would cook, but not a lot of patience with kids cooking. Kind of..I can get it done faster myself. I am the same way except with cookies and stuff. So I think I need to take a lesson from this post :)

Monique said...

That's awesome! Perhaps I should send my hubby right on over to this post! Hint hint! Kidding!

Senior Gordon's said...

Sausage gravy...mmmmm. Patience is so important in the kitchen. That's how we teach. Why are the best tasting foods the worst for you???

A Farmer's Wife said...

I love this! AND I really love biscuits & sausage gravy! Way to go!!!

Sorry to take so long in getting back to you! I have a severe concussion from a little accident I had with one of our horses. The horse stumbled and into the canyon we went! It is a miracle that the horse didn't roll right over the top of me! Anyway I am recovering but the recovery has been extremely slow. I had an MRI on Monday and get the results tomorrow at my doctor's appointment. I will keep you posted!

Unknown said...

What a great hubby! So fun.
To Farmer's Wife-I hope you're feeling better. I'm so glad you weren't injured any further.
Praise God