Sunday, January 11, 2009

6 Things That Make Me Happy


I saw this on Jen's blog and loved the idea...so I thought I would do it too! I have been slacking at this whole blog thing lately...so thanks Jen for the motivation.


6 Things That Make Me Happy


1. Knowing that God loves me even though I do not deserve it. I am so happy to know His love and grace.
2. My husband's dedication to our family. I am so happy that I have a husband who puts the family's needs before his own. Did you know that he recently stopped working on Saturday mornings so he can spend more time with us?! He knows we only have a few more years with our children before they are grown and gone...and doesn't want to miss a minute!

3. My Saturday morning run with three of my amazing friends. We meet at 6:30 and run the beach trail. Afterwards we get on the beach for sit ups and push ups and lunges! Love it. Then we grab coffee and chat for a while. (We are also meeting for hard core work out on Wed afternoons...love that too)We are all home by 9...and I come home to a breakfast made by hubby and the kids. It is so nice to have time to myself and then come home to a loving hubby and children.

4. When the house is all clean and organized. Lately, this hasn't been happening as often as I would like...but I love the feeling of a clean house. It helps me to relax and enjoy whatever comes my way!

5. Reading with all my kids...but especially Cutie. Cutie and I like to curl up together on the couch and read. She reads her book and I read mine. We each sit on one side of the couch and stretch our legs out onto the other's lap! The best is when we read and eat chocolate together.

6. Eating dinner as a family. We have a tradition of sharing our high/low for the day during dinner time. It is a great way to keep conversation going with the kids and hear what is important to them. I love to listen to them talk and laugh with one another! Meal times are always a big priority for our family!

2 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

I am glad you got 6 things on there and they are all great. We always struggle with the family dinner. We are never all there together. Sports, work, music, etc. too many different schedules. I think it is SO important though. Nice post thanks for sharing with us!! :]

A Farmer's Wife said...

Oh Nyla - I LOVE this!!! BEAUTIFUL thoughts! Thank you so much for sharing!