Saturday, January 17, 2009

Little Guy's Chair!


Little Guy has been a little territorial when it comes to where he sits at dinner. Every night he wants to sit at the same spot...right by daddy! The kids usually rotate who gets to sit next to dad. Every other night they all get a turn! Anyway, I guess that wasn't enough for Little Guy.
I was setting the table for dinner, when I noticed Little Guy had written his name on the chair in Black SHARPIE! I have to admit that when I saw it, I smiled! Only because we have been working on his letters...and I was happy to see that he had done a better job forming each letter! He really tried to do his best printing!

Me: Little Guy, did you write your name on this chair?
Little Guy: YES! (smiling)
Me: Honey, did you realize that you used a sharpie? Mommy isn't going to be able to wipe it off!
Little Guy: I know! I don't want it to come off.

Me: Why not?
Little Guy: (sighing...and looking at me like DUH!) because now, it is MY chair. I get to sit by daddy EVERY day.
Me: Oh! You did this because you want to make sure that you get to sit by your dad every night at dinner?
Little Guy: Yes!

I honestly was speechless...part of me was irritated that he ruined the chair. The other part of me felt it wasn't ruined...every time I look at the chair, I will remember how much he loves his daddy. We talked it through with him. He understands why he shouldn't have done it. AND Tom was able to clean it off with Simple Green. I have to say though that I actually miss seeing his name written on the chair! Who knew!?

I am so glad Little Guy loves his dad so much!

8 comments:

Rachel said...

That is so cute! Smart kid :) Mr. Clean Magic erasers work well too :)

A Farmer's Wife said...

This warms my heart! How sweet!!!

Unknown said...

That is darling. I love that you have a sense of humor about your kids' mishaps.
As his potential future teacher, I am impressed by his penmanship!

Blake and Hollie said...

Awww, Little Guy you are just too cute. You are so calm about things. I admire that!!

Cathi Hamen said...

TOOO cute!!

Monique said...

Wow. What a sweety! He must have learned how to be so sweet by watching his Mommy. I don't know if I would have been so gracious if my child wrote in permanent marker on my furniture! Great job mom!

The Jessie James Gang said...

That's sweet. And its nice to know that simple green works on sharpies too :)

Jen S said...

I love that, Nyla. Totally something the "baby" of the family would do. I should know! I used to write my name on everything when I was his age, even on the backs of pictures that were not of me! ;-)