Thursday, January 15, 2009

Boy Stories


Here are some cute conversations we had with our boys today:
I am a believer in teaching your kids how to say words correctly. BUT, sometimes I just can't do it! I think it is so cute! I packed spaghetti in Tiger's lunch today. When I picked him up from school today he said, "Mom thanks for the pssgetee. It was so good!" I smiled and told him he was welcome. I know, I should have corrected him...maybe I just want to hang onto as much of the "young" Tiger as I can?!
Then this evening when we went to run an errand, the boys decided to take their arms out of their sleeves. I asked them why? They said they wanted to know what it was like to have no arms. They tucked their arms in the back of their pants and started walking around. While walking around the store, a little boy noticed my armless kids. He kept looking at them strangely. I said...
Me: I think that boy thinks you don't have any arms?
Tiger: I know! Isn't it so cool! We should do this all the time!
Later this evening, Hubby gave the boys some candy. I told them if they got all their chores done quickly, they could have more tomorrow after dinner. Levi then said, "Oh, mom...candy is so much better than dinner!"

Boys are so cute and fun!

4 comments:

Rachel said...

adorable! I think it is perfectly fine to let your kiddos say words the way they want every once in a while :) They will grow out of it :)

Blake and Hollie said...

OH, I think it is cute too! Don't change it. Malachi still says armpip for armpit and he's 7. It is just the way they hear it and try to pronunciate, well you know that you are a teacher. Spaghetti is a hard word (to spell) too. Your boys are just too cute. I love this picture of the two of them on the beach.

A Farmer's Wife said...

VERY cute! I agree totally with letting them have their cute pronunciation...all too quickly they say everything perfectly!

Senior Gordon's said...

Blake use to say "theadier" for theatre. Mike and I still say, theadier and we alwayse think of Blake. These are memoriable times to cherrish forever.