Monday, June 29, 2009

No Cable = More Smiles

Hubby and I decided to get rid of cable. It has been one of the best things we ever did. We have been talking about it for moths, but neither one of us took the initiative to do it. So, while hubby was in Nevada, I took back our cable boxes. (I called him to get his approval).
Wow, how much more family time we have had now! The kids and I have made more trips to the library, pool and beach. We are reading together more, playing more board games, and hanging outside meeting our neighbors! It has been fabulous! Here are some pictures of the kids playing monkey in the middle with hubby. I am sure we would have been in front of the TV this night if it would have been available...how wonderful to have made this memory instead!

Little Guy was full of laughter!
Hey Tiger, get ready! Hurry Little Guy, daddy is going to tickle me!

Never mind, I got daddy now!

3 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

Looks like fun! You are so much more diligent than us :) We watch a lot of TV at night, but mostly it is on the regular channels (well not really here, you have to have cable if you want to watch anything but Japanese channels).

I wish we could do this when we move back to the states. I just don't think we could do without all the sporting and CNN. HOOKED!

People always find an excuse huh? You guys are truely amazing!!! Don't give up the interent, I would miss talking with you. Love you.

Nyla said...

Dont you worry Hollie...I am not willing to give up the internet! I couldn't go on without checking in on you!

A Farmer's Wife said...

WOW! Way to go! I've been telling my husband for over a year that I thought we needed satelite TV. I think you've done a wonderful thing and I think I'll quit nagging about satelite! Thank you for your constant inspiration!!!