Thursday, September 17, 2009

Hopscotch Grammar

Need help remembering the 4 types of sentences? Try playing Hopscotch Grammar! Hubby drew this for me the night before our class! Love hubby! Each square has the abbreviation for a type of sentence. The kids drew a card (with an abbreviation) and had to tell the name of the sentence. ex. D = declarative. Then they defined a declarative sentence and told me declarative sentence. If they got it right...they were able to begin. They enjoyed it much more than I thought they would! Happy Hopscotching!
Here the kids are giving Little Guy a "little" help. Oh, he had gotten a bloody nose during the game...thus, the tissue in his nose!


No pics of Tiger because he was bike riding with hubby all day!


3 comments:

Amber said...

That is a FANTASTIC IDEA!!! :D I might use that idea someday!!

jo said...

I love this! We may just copy it around here and my hopscotch kids would include a bloody nose for sure. Great idea!

Xia Diaz said...

Great way of making grammar relevant to the kids! Excellent!