Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Democrat, Republican OR David Cook?

Here's the conversation in the van this morning on our way to school:

Tiger: Obama is a demoCrap, right?
Me: (chuckling a little) You mean democrat honey.
Tiger: yeah a democrap.
Me: (laughing a little still) honey it is a T on the end, not a P. DemocraT
Tiger: oh! democrat
Me: right
Cutie: What are you guys talking about?
Tiger: Dah, Cutie the democraPs and republicans...you know the people we have to vote for.
Cutie: Oh yeah.
Little Guy: I know who I am going to vote for...DAVID COOK.
Tiger: No Little Guy, David Cook is from American Idol. We are talking about the president and the judges.
Little Guy: Oh, okay. Then I vote for SIMON!
Tiger: Mom can you tell him we are not talking about American Idol AND you have to be 18 to vote!

11 comments:

Sara@iSass said...

That is hilarious! Can I vote for David too?!?

Shan said...

Yeahhhh David Cook for president!!! I'm with little guy on this one - we can be his campaign managers :) Happy Birthday by the way!

Jen S said...

Are we sure David Cook's not a DemoCrap??

Senior Gordon's said...

Nyla, We so love the conversations you post. They are so prescious. Thanks for sharing them with us.

Happy Birthday! We love and miss you!

Penny & Mike oxox

A Farmer's Wife said...

How totally CUTE!!!

Cathi Hamen said...

Go David Cook!!!! get those democraps!

The Jessie James Gang said...

Can I vote for Michael Johns?

A Farmer's Wife said...

Hey Nyla! I know you are BUSY and I hope you see this comment...you wisely suggested getting "The Story of our World" and I checked for it on Amazon but there are several different series with several different authors...which one should I get? Who is the author of the 4 volume series you suggested?

THANK YOU!!!! Best of luck with the moving!!!

Rachel said...

That is soo funny!

Morgan said...

That is SO darn cute!

I miss them all so much!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Nyla - THANK YOU!!! I ordered 4 volumes of The Story of Our World this morning. Last week I ordered "The Well Trained Mind, A Guide to Classical Education at Home" by Susan Wise Bauer...maybe I am on the right track! I am seriously considering home school for Son #5 as the schools in our district are HORRIBLE and I don't think we have a private school to speak of in these parts! What are some of your thoughts on homeschooling?

BEST of luck settling into your new home! I can't wait to see more pictures!!!