Tuesday, October 14, 2008

What to do?

**Quick Update! Costco took the camera back! :) I am going to buy another one tomorrow! I am so happy!**

I was having problems with my Canon Powershot(back in September) so I took it to Costco to exchange it again. I really liked the software on this camera...so I wanted to get the same one. After waiting in the return line forever, I was informed that I had missed the return time by one month. They told me to call the 800 warranty number and they would tell me what to do. So I called and they tried to help me fix the camera over the phone...but couldn't. So, I was told to mail it in to Canon. Today I received my camera back in the mail NOT FIXED. They wrote that there was water found inside my camera...so they were unable to fix it. I am so upset! I called Canon again...they informed me that the water could have been from the humidity or if my hands were wet while handling the camera! I told them the whole story of having this problem before...but they wouldn't hear it! "Sorry, mam, but there is nothing we can do!"

What to do?

A. I could take it back to Costco and tell them the whole story AGAIN! This is the 4th camera I had received that had this lens issue. I do not believe that it had water in each time! I just am not sure that they will care...or take it back! (I would like to add here how stupid I feel for exchanging it each time...I should have just gotten use to new software...Oh, I didn't even have this camera a year!)

OR

B. Suck it up, count it as a loss and buy another camera.

What would you do?

7 comments:

Robin said...

I'd take it back! Persistance, persistance, persistance! But that's just me. I'd also write a letter to Canon.

Sara@iSass said...

Go to the MATTRESSESS!
(You've Got Mail.)

Happy Girl said...

I would take it back. I had a similar situation with my Valco Double stroller. I had to to ship back twice to be fixed and they kept saying there wasn't a problem. I finally demanded they give me a full refund which they did and I bought a BOB Revolution double stroller. Keep at it, girl!

Unknown said...

Take it to Claires..they will give you a new camera!

A Farmer's Wife said...

YAY!!! Congratulations!!! I'm so glad you are getting another camera! Mine is down in Phoenix being repaired...I will be SO glad when I get it back!

In other news...I am hoping you will garden a little at your new home...my garden has FROZEN...there is no life left...I am SO SAD!!! I purchased lettuce at the grocery store last night...I was amazed by how different it is from fresh lettuce!!! I can't wait unti next Spring here!

Blake and Hollie said...

First off I am happy there is another Canon user in the family.
Well if you missed the return time then I wouldn't take it to Costco. The problem lies with Canon. Did you mail the warranty card in with your camera? Make sure you always fill out those cards. Can I ask you something? When you take your camera out to shoot does the lens ever fog up? If it does then that is B-A-D and that = H2O and that = mold inside your camera. I recommend never taking your camera to the beach too (I only take my little ugly one when we go).

Okay back to what you should do. If it is water damage it might not be fixable, so I just don't know if Canon would give you a new camera for fault of the owner. BUT if you want to be persistant that I am behind you!! I hope they give you a replacement if that is what you decide to do.

If it was me it would depend on the price range of this camera. If it was the one I own now with the nice lenses I have I would be begging for mercy, but if it was just 100-200 than I might suck it up if it is going to be a hassle. Hey, you did get Starbucks to give you a nice response so who knows.

Blake and Hollie said...

Okay, did I not even see the update before I start posting? I must be having another moment. LOL! I am so glad you got it replaced!!! YEAH! Can you get any camera you want? J/K

Hope you had a great birthday.