Tuesday, October 28, 2008

No Questioning About it! This IS Santa!




We took the kids to Golden Spoon last night. You will never guess who we saw! SANTA! Levi couldn't believe it! He spotted him first and came running over to me. I couldn't believe my eyes! This man really looks like Santa! Little Guy wanted to sit on his lap...and I wasn't sure if this complete stranger was up to the challenge! (I hadn't read his shirt...so I wasn't sure if he would mind) As I was walking over to him, he knew what I was going to ask. So, he told Little Guy to come right over. Little Guy was so excited AND not the least bit shy! Santa told Little Guy that he was on vacation in CA! Levi wasn't sure what he wanted yet, but just enjoyed sitting there with googly eyes!

It turns out this man rents himself out for parties...if you ever need a Santa, this is your man!

OH! Remember the post about Santa? How Cutie wasn't sure if she believed anymore? Well, Tom had a wonderful way of breaking the truth to her.


Cutie: Dad, is Santa real?
Hubby: Yes, he is really real!
Cutie: Are you sure? We learned in history about St. Nick and I don't think he could still be living?
Hubby: Sweetheart...your mother and I AND now YOU are Santa.
Cutie: Huh? What do you mean?
Hubby: Well, your mom and I are Santa...and we have been waiting for you to realize that Santa couldn't be just one person. You see, now that you know the truth...you get to be Santa too! There is a lot of work to be done when you are Santa.......
He then told her about choosing gifts for everyone, wrapping presents, putting toys together, eating cookies when everyone is asleep, and putting all the gifts under the tree. She was thrilled that she now gets to help us. She is also going to keep it a big secret from her brothers.


I think she almost started to believe after last night...


8 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

I would rent him too! He looks so authentic. What fun for Little Guy :)

Love you bike post down below. Are you back to drinking Starbucks or just using all your coupons?

When are we going to see pictures of your house? I know you are SUPER busy. I miss you posting all the time, I can't wait for summer to roll back around so you will be back on here more often. Love ya!

Rachel said...

Wow... I wish I could have met Santa! What great fun!

Cathi Hamen said...

sooo fun for HIM.. adorable picture.. he probably will remember that for a long time!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

What a fabulous experience and I love the way you handled Santa with your daughter! How fun for her to get to help!!! That is a great idea!

I also LOVE the pictures in your other two posts!!! The pumpkin patch looks DARLING and the Sunday bike ride looks like tons of fun!!!

Shan said...

That is so funny after your conversation the other day - I love when that happens :)

Senior Gordon's said...

Tom, you are so awesome! That was the most creative and best response I've heard. Nyla has a gem in you!

Sara@iSass said...

How AWESOME! Love his shirt!

Rebecca said...

OMG...that is so cool! He is the real-deal for sure!