Sunday, April 20, 2008

Be Thankful

What a day today has been. My neighbor and I went for our early morning walk today at 6. We had been walking for about a mile when we noticed a car pulled off to the side. Inside we saw a mother and her child asleep. They had been there all night. It was so heartbreaking and we couldn't just leave them there. So we tapped on the window and offered to help them.

We were all able to give them some help. In the process we made some new friends. The story is too long to type, but I just wanted to say let's BE THANKFUL for what the Lord has given us. At times, I feel so overwhelmed and stressed out with life. But, the truth is we have so much. I have never known what it is like to be alone, hungry and cold. I pray I never know what that is like...and that my children will never know either.

Praise God today for all He has given to you!

2 comments:

Niles said...

Nyla, you certainly were in tune with the Scriptures when you helped the lady and her child in the car. Yes, we do have a lot and most of it we really don't need and I am feeling we should begin to purge our lives of some of the "extras" that take us from real ministry. I am delighted that you were sensitive to the need and how it makes you feel thankful for what the Lord has provided as He really does own it all!

Jen S said...

Thanks for sharing your story, Nyla. It reminds me of the parable when Jesus said, "For I was hungry and you gave me food, I was thirsty and you gave me drink, I was a stranger and you welcomed me....Truly, I say to you, as you did it to one of the least of these my brothers, you did it to me." (Matt. 25:35 and following).

I look forward to keeping up with your blog! :)