Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My Thyroid

I haven't posted this yet because I am trying to be positive about it...thinking that if I don't write it...somehow that will make it better! Crazy I know! Anyway, here is the update. The cysts have not grown in the last three months! Yeah! However, now there is some tissue on the thyroid that is rough instead of smooth. This could mean the autoimmune issue has progressed quicker than we thought (my body is fighting aginst my thyroid)...HOWEVER, we don't know that for sure. I went to have some bloodwork done on Monday to have my antibodies checked. If they are low (pray they are), then I do nothing for one year. If they are high, then I go back to talk about beginning treatment for my thyroid.

So there you have it! I really feel good about it...and my doctor is so wonderful and calm! She always makes me feel so much better. It is in God's hands and I know He has a plan for my thyroid! Hee hee!

Lots of love to all of you! I should get my blood tests back this week...and I will post the results!

2 comments:

Jen S said...

I will be praying for you, Nyla!

"You keep him (or her) in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you.

Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

Isa.26:3-4

Blake and Hollie said...

I hope everthing turns out and you get the positive results you are looking for.