Sunday, November 30, 2008

17 Years Ago...

Dena and I the night of our high school graduation I lived in NJ and worked at the Gap. I was BFFs with Dena. She was an amazing friend to me. You see, I had moved to NJ in the middle of my senior year of high school. I remember feeling like it was the worst thing my parents had ever done to me. I had a boyfriend that I thought I was going to marry (Ha! I thought I knew everything at the age of 17!) Anyway, I got a job at the Gap and met Dena. She was my BFF! When I met hubby, she flew out to IL to be a bridesmaid. Then somehow we lost contact. I have thought of her often...and always wondered what happened to her! THEN, I got addicted to Facebook and FOUND her! The crazy thing is that she lives in LA! So close to me! We met up for dinner last night and tried to catch up on the last 12 years! It was so fun! Here a few pictures she brought from our high school and Gap days.
This is me modeling for the Gap fashion show! Check out the plaid!

Backstage, changing for the show!

6 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

How fun!!! I'm so excited you were able to find her! AND your high school pictures are totally beautiful! I think you're one of those genuinely beautiful people who never went through an awkward stage...my awkward stage continues to this day!

Unknown said...

How fun is that? You were absolutely beautiful, and you've only gotten more so!
Facebook is craaaazy that way. Crazy.

Monique said...

Cute! So fun to reconnect with people!

Cathi Hamen said...

that is soo fun that you found her Nyla! Love he pictures... i see a lot of Janelle in you back then!
Thanx for sharing your fun story! glad you enjoyed our card!

Senior Gordon's said...

How awsome to find your dear friend after so many years AND to find her so close to you. Thanks for sharing your sweet story.

Shan said...

You were a hottie! Did you take a picture of you two now? That is so fun.