Thursday, May 29, 2008

Today Was A Good Day...


Tom is at the Laker's game tonight. (I am so jealous) I have such a loving hubby and father. He took us out to breakfast this a.m. because he knew that he wouldn't be home before the kids went to bed. It is so important to us to have one meal together a day as a family. (I won't mention here how the kids decided to sit at their own table...so we weren't really "together") After breakfast, the kids and I went to the pet store and had the dogs bathed, took in our recycles, played school, rode bikes outside, walked the dogs...and then around three I started to wondered what we could do tonight without daddy. So I took the kids to see a Nim's Island. Way cute. They all enjoyed it. We piled back into the van and started to discuss dinner options. I thought about just going somewhere...but decided to just come home and cook. During dinner Bryce says to me:
Bryce: Mom do you know how you can draw really good stick people?
Me: Yes!
Bryce: Guess what!? Levi can draw them just a nice as you!
I tried so hard to not chuckle. I am the worst at drawing...but somehow I have convinced Bryce that my ability is awesome! So great that he is actually proud of Levi for having the same ability. It was so sweet to see Levi smile proudly while Bryce bragged on and on about him! At least now I know that my art work is comparable to a 4 year old! :)
Bryce fell asleep quickly tonight...so Levi went into to Chloe's room for some reading time. We really have precious little gems! I went in to check on Chloe and Levi only to find them snuggled up in her bed...her arm was around him and she was rubbing his head while she read Farmer Boy. I so wish I hadn't given Tom the camera for the Laker's game! It was indeed a picture worthy moment.
Today was a good day.

5 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

Okay, you need to get your own camera. Escpecially now that you are blogging and truely are starting to carry a camera around with you. I have started to never leave home without it, kind of like a wallet. I am a little jealous about all the family time you spend together. The military lifestyle doesn't allow for much of that, so we try to cram it in whenever it allows. By the way....I would love to see these fantastic stick figures you can draw. You must have some great talent =) I am enjoying all of your pictures and posts! It is so fun to read.

Blake and Hollie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Nyla said...

You are so right! I should get a cheap camera for Tom...although, he never really needs one!

I should draw some stick people and take a picture of it! I think I will do that soon! ;)

I love reading your blog too! I think it is so neat that we can get to know one another even though we don't live in the same country! You have to get stationed here!

Shan said...

Soo cute - I love those moments when they are being nice to each other all on their own - truly Kodak moments! And I can't believe Tom got to go to the Laker Game!!! Ughhh! No really, good for him - you got your Kodak moment instead - priceless :}

Rachel said...

So cute! Hope you are doing well!