Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Thyroid Update

AHHHH, that is my sigh of relief. I finally got a call back from the doctor last night! She let me know that my blood work all came back normal...there is nothing to worry about! :) What a relief. Now I just need to go back every year and have an ultrasound done. Adding one more ultrasound to my list every year...not a big deal when I am looking at the big picture. I have been cancer free now for 5.5 years. Although, I am starting to think that a body scan every year would be nice!
It is so hard to believe that a little over five years ago I was told I had cancer. I remember the rush of emotions when my doc told me...and the lack of emotion on his part. (we changed doctors) It is still amazing to think God brought me through all that. It is times like today that I am reminded of how much I have to be thankful for. Thank you to all of you who prayed for me during this "not knowing" stage. I appreciate each and every one of you!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Praise God! The not-knowing is so hard.
Love to you!

Jen S said...

Great news! Thanks for posting it. :)

Blake and Hollie said...

That is wonderful news!!! Thanks for the update.

Senior Gordon's said...

Nyla, I so remember that time. Yes, a lot of people prayed for you. We were all truly blessed that God heard us and answered our prayers. I thank God whenever I think about it. You are a blessing to me and I love you so much!
Aunt Penny oxox