Friday, May 9, 2008

To Be Private OR Not To Be!

So, I was reading a friends blog and got to thinking...so watch out!: ) Ha!

I am curious why all of my friends (with the exception of one, in Japan) do not have private blogs?! Are you all not concerned that ANYONE can read your blog? Am I just over the top crazy that I feel mypictures of my kids and my thoughts should not be out there for anyone to do with what they want?! One friend started tracking how many people from other countries were reading her blog...and not commenting...just reading...and doing who knows what with the info...and was amazed at how many people were looking at her stuff.

So, please take a moment to give me your thoughts...I really would like to know what your think!
Private OR Not???

4 comments:

Rachel said...

for me... not... I use my blog for my business and since I don't have kiddos I dont feel a huge need to keep it private. When I have children I will most likely have a private blog for my friends and family but for now... public... I also feel like it is an amazing witnessing opportunity. I can share bits and pieces of my faith and hopefully God will use it. Like I said in my post, I am just careful about what I post :) At least some of them have purchased from me :)

Unknown said...

I guess I'm not too worried about people reading my blog because there is such a HUGE blogging community, and it's been interesting connecting with people I don't know.
I've never had a negative experience, but if I did, then I guess I would reconsider.
I think you should do what you feel most comfortable with.

Blake and Hollie said...

Nyla- I agree with Rachel on the business aspect. Of course, if it is for business you would make it public access :) Also, like Chrissie said it is a HUGE blogging business and I remember someone telling me the likely hood of someone finding you (that you didn't want to) is slim. However, for me I have some people out there that I would never want to find my me or know where I am. I think it is an individual preference. I decided to go private after I started keeping a stat counter and realized there were so many people reading my blog and so many people from all over the world (from Chile to Iceland). It just seemed creepy to me.

Monique said...

I do have certain people that I do not want them to see pictures of my kids. That's what I like about blogspot... that you have to have the exact blogger address. You can't just type in my name and find me. I did block it from being on the internet blog roll (that's where someone can click the "next" button on at the top of a blog and another blog pops up... FYI don't click it as some bad things can come up). I too was getting people from different countries etc. so I got sitemeter on my blog to see who looks at, from where, how long where they on my blog and what did they click on. I've never had anything or anyone weird find us. If so I'd just change my blog address. That's a little info on how I blog but remember to do what you feel is best for your family!
Take care!