Thursday, June 5, 2008

Friends and Ipods!



So am I the only crazy mom that finally allowed her child to get an Ipod? Chloe convinced us that she was ready to buy an Ipod with her birthday money. (we recently opened savings account for all three kids. Now they can start saving for things they want! We also are no longer buying them toys, electronic, etc.(exception being holidays and birthdays) They now have to save and understand the value of a dollar...something I am still learning! I don't want my children to have the same poor saving habits that I have! ) So anyway, she told us how she could put her latin CD and other school curriculum along with songs on it too! So we said yes. Tom did make her wait ten days...to be sure that she really wanted it.


So Wednesday was day ten...and she woke up asking me what time we could go to Best Buy! :) I have to admit that it has been strange seeing her walk around the house with it! She is singing while she does her chores...I think it makes doing chores more fun for her! (I know I enjoy doing laundry more when I blare the stero!) But the strangeness I feel is actually more like a sting! My baby is growing up! I am so proud of her! She had a friend over today...and while I was dipping my celery into my peanut butter (my all time favorite snack)...she and her friend asked me to listen to a song...not because they wanted me to listen to it and include me on their girl time, but because Chloe didn't know if she was allowed to listen to the music on her friends Ipod! I was so impressed with the girls. It made my tough decision to give into the Ipod feel more right. So, I approved Jordan Sparks 3 songs on the friends Ipod. I am so thankful to have a daughter that wants to do what is right...I feel so blessed to be her mom.

5 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

too cute but you're right they are growing up fast!!
Forunately, the decisions that she makes will reflect what you've taught her, what she observes in you and also in friends too (good and bad).
Cami & Jordi have MP3 players which were a less expensive gift last C-mas but this way if it was lost... we wouldn't be so ticked off, but they have been great.. jordi is hillarious when she walk around the house singing away!

Shan said...

Mandy actually spent hours working on hers today (because we're going out of town tomorrow). It's so cute to see her adding and deleting songs of her choice. Of course I get the final say on what goes in there! It sure does keep her busy though :}

Unknown said...

so fun and great for learning, too. Those two blondies are irresistible.

Senior Gordon's said...

Just thought of something really awesome here, Nyla. What you and Hollie are doing with your bloggs and sharing your lives is teaching parenting skills, techniques and ideas to others.

I do think you want to keep this private though. Talk to Hollie about that. Her's was open in the first couple of weeks and then she learned the importance of keeping it private.
Love you!!

Blake and Hollie said...

Oh, yes the iPod is awesome. Khari got one last year and loves it. I have one and Blake has two. I sometimes can't figure out why Khari can never hear me and then I realize she is listening to her iPod. Ha Ha. Looks like they were having a blast.