Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Trader Joe's Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes


Those of you that know me well, know how much I love breakfast...it is my favorite meal! I love oatmeal with a scoop of protein powder, cinnamon and stevia, eggs with turkey bacon, egg white omelet with avocado and tomato...I could go on, but I am sure you get the point. I have always prided myself in the fact that I wake up very early to make my kids eggs before they go to school...(although that was much harder this year now that I am teaching.)


So anyway about a 2 years ago TJs stopped selling their Chocolate Chocolate Chip Pancakes. I was so sad...especially because I didn't know they were going to stop selling them...so I gave away a completely new box to a friend that was visiting from Colorado. (Colorado doesn't have a TJs...I don't know how anyone can live without TJs) Then I bounced into TJs and the shelf was empty! I thought to myself, "oh, they are so good TJs can't keep up with the demand!" I spoke with an employee who told me they were going to be a seasonal item. I went to every TJs that week...looking for one more box...no luck! I poured out my sorrow to my dear friend Carrie...who could totally relate! My kids loved these pancakes...and I liked to eat them the week before my time of the month! Months went by...seasons went by...and no CCP! I asked the employees during the holidays...but no luck...I gave up! I decided it was time to find another favorite pancake...but I never did.


Well, last week I get a call from Carrie...who was on her way home from TJs. She said, "I just bought you something that you are going to die for!" I couldn't guess...I tried...but to no avail! Then she told me...I screamed "SHUT UP" so loud my kids and hubby stopped swimming in the pool and looked at me like "You just said the S word!" Oooh you are in trouble" I quickly explained that dear Aunt Carrie had just spotted two boxes of CCPs! They were thrilled...but not nearly as much as I was! I drove over to TJs this week and bought 3 boxes! I am always going to plan on keeping one box in cupboard...just in case they vanish from TJs shelves again!


Here are some pictures of the kids enjoying their fruit and CCPs this am! They had friends sleep over again last night...what a great morning to make these again for the first time! (Bryce was sleeping at a friends house...so he isn't in the pics)I am not in the picture because it was just too embarrassing! I think I had CCP all over my face! :) Hope you run out and get some soon! Oh, they are best with a Skinny Vanilla Latte...these pancakes are my cheat once a month! Love them!

5 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

I had just enough time to log in this am before breakfast and I saw your post about breakfast!! Yummy, I have never had them but they sounds and look so good.

Rachel said...

mmm... i will have to get some

Suzy said...

Yum! I am a BIG breakfast person as well.. I feel like I need to drop everything and run for the nearest Trader Joe's!

I also LOVE the pic of Levi with the boots.. sounds like something I would do when I was a kid!

Cathi Hamen said...

yeah!!!! i too love them!! thnx for the update!

Unknown said...

I hate it when they discontinue stuff! Why do they DO that!

I'm going to go buy some ASAP. You should write for TJ's frequent flyer, or whatever it's called.