Thursday, August 21, 2008

Tiger said something so cute...


Last night we took the kids out for dinner since I am leaving today. (remember that flight I missed...I won't be missing it today!) After dinner we needed to go to Sports Chalet to get Cutie some ankle weights for her new gymnastic class. While we were there, the kids tried on these football helmets. I couldn't help but take a picture. They were having so much fun! Then Tiger found a skateboard that he wanted to spend his birthday money on. The only problem was he doesn't have enough money yet AND he needs to wait ten days to be sure it is what he wants. Here was the conversation in the van on the way home:


Tiger: Dad I really want that skateboard. I have $135 dollars...why can't I use it?

Hubby: Son, half your money needs to go into the bank. You really only have about $70 and you said you were going to give $10 of your birthday money to the church. So you have $60 and the board is $99. You will have to save a while longer to be able to afford the board.

Tiger: Dad, can't I just not give money to the bank? I really want to give my money to God and the sports store!




6 comments:

Jen S said...

That is so cute! I don't like giving money to the bank either!! Have a great trip, Nyla!

Blake and Hollie said...

Have a great trip!!! Can't wait to hear about it. So what was the outcome of Tiger's spendings?

Tales From the Eurovan said...

Have a fun trip!
Take care,
Julie

Shan said...

I feel the same way as him - often!!! Hope you have a great trip with your sister :)

Senior Gordon's said...

There's a birthday card in the mail from Aunt Penny & Uncle Mike. Maybe it will make a difference. Good luck Tiger!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Precious!!! I hope you have the best trip to see your sister!!! We are BUSY with the wheat harvest! I am missing the blog world and hope to return to regular blogging soon!