Sunday, August 31, 2008

Sights and Smells of...


...running on the beach trail.


smells:
the ocean water
smoke from fire pits still being put out
beautiful flowers
garbage truck (that was the only gross thing..and it was towards the end of it)
sights...
ocean waves crashing on the shore
birds flying all around
flowers and plants
families holding hands
couples walking together
other joggers and walkers
people stretching on the beach

It was so amazing! I have never ran on the trail before. I couldn't take it all in. It was so peaceful and gorgeous. I was able to complete a little over 4 miles...and all the sights and sounds were such a great distraction...I didn't realize how far I had actually gone. I will definitely be doing this again. I am so thankful for friends that don't mind waking up early on a Saturday to run. How wonderful to have a few good friends to help encourage me to do it. Not to mention how nice it is to grab coffee afterwards and chat!


I can't wait until next Saturday morning. Feel free to join us...if you are in sunny CA!


6 comments:

The Jessie James Gang said...

Sounds wonderful. The picture reminds me of Chariots of Fire.

Xia Diaz said...

How fun! There's nothing like getting out there on an early morning.

A Farmer's Wife said...

This sounds so fabulous!!! I would probably have to walk most of the way but what a fabulous way to spend the early part of Saturday morning!!! I am so glad you have this!!!

Blake and Hollie said...

I am glad you really found something you enjoy. You probably hate the mornings you don't run now (well not literally), but you know what I mean. Nature is wonderful isn't it?

Rachel said...

I love walking on the trail in San Clemente... it is so gorgeous!

Jen S said...

Sounds nice. I wish I didn't love sleeping in so much on Saturday mornings, but I DO! I'll think of you when I'm cozy in bed! :)