Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Where did the summer go?


I am so bummed...the summer is almost over. I am not ready for the routine and structure. I want to keep playing with my kids. We have had a wonderful summer...beach, pool, sleepovers, playdates, disney, hiking, friends visiting...and now it is about to be over. I know that the more I complain about it...the quicker it will be over...so I am trying to enjoy the few weeks we have left to play. But, it is hard when...

now we are all getting ready to go to the mall and get uniforms, then off to get their school supplies, and I am planning out the first month of school for my fabulous second grade class...but I have to admit, there is a sadness in my heart. A sadness because...

the summer ending means my children are older. (and so am I) This precious time with them is fleeting...and they are going to be on their own soon...and I miss them already...the laughter, cuddling, teaching, singing, running around like a crazy woman trying to get them where they want to be...gymnastics, piano, friends play dates, beach, pool etc.

I love my children so much! I know that I am so blessed and shouldn't feel sad...but I do!

9 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

aaaaahhhh that was sweet.... but with age you get more freedom and joy with them. The adventures you can share with each child increases with age...
and btw we don't age we just get better & more fit!! :)

Jill Duarte said...

I truly understand! But slow down chicka...TODAY it is still summer, they are still little and it's another beautiful day.

Nyla said...

Yes Jill, you are right...there is a little of summer left...but it is packed with school stuff for me! Ugh! And one fun trip to NJ...

I feel a little better...I went to the mall and bought the kids some uniform stuff AND and cute bikini top for me...for only 7.97! Love a good sale!

The Jessie James Gang said...

Me too! I am sad that my baby will be born so late in the summer and I'll have to 'miss' some of it with my kiddos. But God has been good and I've felt well enough most days this summer to enjoy it with my girls.

Tales From the Eurovan said...

Hi Nyla! Thanks for all the good info for my green haired child! I am sad to cut her hair, but definately don't want her to have green hair for school! Enjoy the last bit of summer! I'm headed to NYC on the 26th for a fun trip with my sister. When is your trip? Take care, Julie

Xia Diaz said...

The fall is a great time for apple picking, pumpkin picking, and hiking. Although your time with them will be limited, you could still enjoy them.

I know what you mean, though. I feel that I miss out on Will because we're not home until 7 and he falls asleep at 9. It makes me sad.

Jen S said...

I will be praying for you. I know it can't be easy to not only have to send your kids back to school, but have to go back yourself! I am, however, very grateful that my daughter will have such a wonderful, loving teacher! Enjoy the last three weeks as much as you can!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

BEAUTIFUL picture!!! Time does seem to be flying by! Every time I buy new shoes for Son #5 I realize taht he is growing so fast, too fast!!!

Blake and Hollie said...

I am glad you enjoyed your summer. I know you enjoy teaching though too! Pros and cons to both I guess. Before you know it summer will be here again and we will look forward to seeing your Tuesday family beach night posts. I love the picture you posted, it is beautiful!