Monday, September 22, 2008

Almost a perfect day at the beach


So today was a great day with my Little Guy. We packed a fun lunch last night and he wore his swim trunks to preschool today. We both were giddy all weekend about our special time that we had planned for today. I was very excited to take him to the beach...just us...with his friend and his friend's mom.

I picked him up at 11:05 and we headed down to the beach. We began to get settled into the beach atmosphere when my cell phone rang! It was one of the aids from school calling to tell me that she "thinks" Cutie is sick. So I ask if she has a fever (no) is throwing up (no)...and then ask to talk to her. She sounded a little sick...but I really wasn't sure. So, my friend kept Little Guy while I went back to the school to get Cutie. Once Cutie was in the car, I gave her some Motrin...and brought her to the beach. She was doing cartwheels and eating her lunch after 20 minutes of being there. She is fine now too!


I can't help but wonder if she just wanted to do the beach too! I guess I will never know. BUT, she is going to bed very early tonight! AND,Little Guy didn't seem to mind that sissy was there planning in her school uniform with him!


I think we will have to try again next Monday...but maybe we will keep it a secret from the rest of the family! :)

4 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

cute picture though~

hmmm makes you wonder how we moms are ever to do one on one time.. they all want to be with us!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

How fun!!! I love that you were able to have a beach day with 2 of your kids!!! Good for you!!!

On the subject of gardening/canning...I was reading the label for some Dole crushed pineapple and saw that it is from Thailand...my manderine (sp?) oranges are from China...HELLO! This is scary! The easiest way for one of our country's enemies to get to us is definitely through our food supply! Also - other countries do not have the equivalent of our Environmental Protection Agency which HEAVILY regulates allowable pesticides, fertilizers, etc. Some countries in the world still use very dangerous chemicals on food crops and then we import their fruits and vegetables and put them on our tables...I feel like the more I can do at home the safer my family may be (provided I do it correctly).

I can't wait to hear about your garden when you move. AND - I'll be here for any questions you may have although I may have to go hunting for a good answer...I am still very ignorant!!!

Are you excited to move? It's the packing and unpacking that wrecks moving for me!

Jen S said...

I would definitely keep it a secret next time! ;)

Blake and Hollie said...

Looks like you still have been able to enjoy the beach. I know how you thought you were going to miss it when school started.

Looks like fun!!!