Saturday, September 13, 2008

Am I Scarlet Ohara? Are you?

Am I the only finding it hard to get everything done lately?



Work out in the am, get the kids dressed, off to school/work, run some errands, take the kids to the park, feed everyone dinner, back in the car for extra curricular activity, bathe everyone, put them in bed, pack everyone's lunch, prep more school work, hang with hubby, off to bed and repeat in the am. (Notice here that I did not even mention housework)
It must be because school has started and I am back to work (part time). I feel like I just can't keep up. In the past when I feel this way, I stop, and look at our calendar and begin to reevaluate our priorities. Okay, so being a freak of habit, I stopped and tried to figure out what I can let go of, in order to feel calm again. I couldn't find anything.
Don't get me wrong here, I enjoy...actually thrive on being busy. However, these past two weeks feels more than busy. I just can't seem to get a groove on. The kids have something every night except Friday...and Tiger just started football on Saturday mornings. The only days I am not running my children somewhere are Friday and Sunday. When I look at their schedule, I don't see anything to cut. I want them to continue in piano and gymnastics and now, football.(They all love it so much...I just couldn't take it away from them!) So I guess I need to do a better job of organizing everything!?!

That being said, today I just threw in the towel, and packed the car and we all headed to the beach with friends. I did take an hour to pick up the house this am before we left. I knew that I should not being going...that I should stay home and begin to get things ready for the new week...but I decided I would just do that tomorrow!

Ah, there is my problem! I wait until tomorrow to find balance...and tomorrow NEVER comes!

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I came up with a brilliant idea for helping me to get everything done.
Hire someone else to do it!
I just had someone come and clean the whole house from top to bottom.
Pure relief.

Nyla said...

That is so true. I am trying to figure out a way to budget the cleaning lady back in! I just don't know if I can make it happen!

Shan said...

I'm right there with you sista! And when I do have a minute and know I should be cleaning or organizing or something productive, I go on the computer and do this............. oh well, the dust is not in a hurry to go anywhere :) Let me know if you figure it all out!!!

Jen S said...

I'm surprised to hear you say all of this. You always seem so "on top of it" to me. Hopefully tomorrow provides you with time to pull some things together. I have to say that a house cleaner is nice, but a day later (maybe two) things start looking like a cleaner never came and then I wonder if it's even worth it. Try not to worry and just enjoy things like taking your kids to the beach!

Blake and Hollie said...

Hmmmm. I have no solution for you. I love to clean, so I could be your cleaning lady :) I know once I start back to work I will be in your shoes. Sometimes you have to give something up. I know you don't want to take anything away from the kids, but maybe just rearranging your schedule or cutting out one thing...like going to the beach :) J/K Only kidding on that one. You need sanity and the beach is awesome. Let loose girl!! Everything will fall into place.

A Farmer's Wife said...

Unfortunately I think I fall into Scarlet's line of thinking more often than I should!!! We all went horseback riding Saturday through our north pasture...it was FABULOUS...but then I came home to the same dirty dishes, laundry, homework, crying 2 year old, etc. I have gotten so out of a routine that yesterday morning before church I had to do laundry so everyone would have their clean Sunday pants!!! I've got to get something figured out...SOON!!! When you discover the secret please share it with us!!!

jo said...

Good Luck with all that. Multi- tasking is getting harder and harder. Can one run on the treadmill and fold laundry at the same time. I may have to work on that.