Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Bryce is such a sweet boy


I am so glad to say that Tiger is loving school this year. I am sure it helps that he has a wonderful teacher!
At our school the kids do not have homework like most schools. They only have to read every day. They keep track of their reading on a little chart and after they have read for 20 days...they get a reward. We decide on the reward before they start their chart...and then they work towards it for the next 20 days. Well, last month Tiger wanted his reward to be dinner with his teacher and her family at our home! (I am smiling as I write this). His teacher is a dear friend of ours...so I was thrilled!
We finished our chart on Sunday, and wrote her an invitation to our home. He was so excited to give it to her...but VERY shy about it! If you know Tiger...you know that he is a little shy!
Once home from school, he told me he gave Mrs. Holt her invitation and that he knew what we should make her for dinner.

Tiger: Mom, I asked Mrs. Holt what kinds of things she likes to eat.
Me: Fabulous! What shall we make her for dinner?
Tiger: She said she likes chicken and fish. Mom, I have a great idea!
Me: What?
Tiger: Lets surprise her and make her chicken for dinner and fish for dessert!
How cute is that! I suggested that maybe we are make her cookies shaped like fish!

I love Tiger...such a sweet boy! He takes after his father!

10 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

That is so precious!!! He is such a sweet boy. Hmmmm, I think he takes after his father AND mother:) I hope you all enjoy your dinner with his teacher. Tell Tiger to keep up the great job with reading. It is so good for them :) BTW the fish shaped cookies sounded like a great way to incorporate the fish into the meal. Can't wait to hear all about it.

Rachel said...

That is so cute! Way to go Bryce!

Shan said...

Or you could just give her gold fish crackers for an appetizer! Or Swedish fish (gummies) for desert :) So cute....

Nyla said...

Love that idea Shannon! Less time too! :)

Xia Diaz said...

He's is sweet! I could tell you're very proud of him.

A Farmer's Wife said...

That is the cutest meal and dessert selection I have ever heard!!! What a DARLING boy!!!

Sara@iSass said...

That is so nice! I love the idea of cookies shaped like fish.
Great for Tiger earning his reward!

Cathi Hamen said...

aaaaaahhhhh! so sweet he really is!!

Rebecca Talley said...

What a cute boy. Isn't it nice when they love their teacher?

Unknown said...

That is really such a sweet story. It made me a little misty. You are clearly raising them right!