Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Little Guy on getting bigger

I picked up Little Guy today and headed to Kinkos to get some things done for school. While we were there, he needed to use the bathroom.


Little Guy: Mom, look I can reach the sink in this bathroom without a step stool!
Me: Wow! Little Guy you are getting so big!
Little Guy: I only need a step stool at home in my bathroom.
Me: I guess you are growing up! I wish you could stay little forever.
Little Guy: Mom, I am not trying to get bigger! I don't know how I can reach now. I want to stay little and live with you forever...but I keep getting bigger.
Me: I know Little Guy. You can't stay little forever. God made you small and he will make you bigger too.
Little Guy: Can I still live with you when God makes me bigger!?
Me: You can always live with me!

I didn't want to tell him that he will grow up and WANT to live on his own some day. I just wanted to treasure the moment.

7 comments:

Blake and Hollie said...

That is such a cute picture. I know how it is. Malachi is going to live with us forever too. I guess me and Blake will never get alone time together :)

Little Guy sure does love his Mommie. When kids have wonderful relationships with their parents and the parents take such good care of them....we can kind of rest assured that they will do the same when we get old. Little Guy will take good care of you. You are a terrific mom, Nyla.

Rachel said...

That is so cute! Love it!

Jen S said...

That is very sweet! Reagan STILL says he never wants to leave home. I think it's sweet, but then again I think of the movie Failure to Launch. ha ha :) I know that they won't say that forever! We really should enjoy it while they feel that way!!

A Farmer's Wife said...

They grow up way too fast!!! Although...it does seem like Son #5 has been stuck in the terrible twos for way too long! But, as soon as we are out of this stage I know I'll hate that he's growing up so fast!!!

~Caroline~ said...

That is so sweet! I love when my little guy says stuff like that! Last night when Daddy was taking Sissy to bed, he yelled out "Lu You!" It was awesome.

Senior Gordon's said...

How sweet and innocent. It doesn't get better than that...such a creative photo too.

Xia Diaz said...

Awe! How sweet!!