Sunday, September 7, 2008

Preschool Tradition

I have been slacking on my blogging lately. Mostly because my camera is broke AGAIN! I am in the process of getting it fixed. It was so sad not to have my camera to snap pictures of my kids first day of school this year. However, I have wonderful friends that snapped away for me...and as soon as I get the copies, I will post.

It has been a busy week. I have started back to work and the kids are back to school. I am so thankful to teach at the same school they attend. It is so nice to see their faces every day! I have been blessed with a really good 2nd grade class this year. We are getting another new student on Monday! The students are all thrilled!

This is the first time that I have been able to have some alone time with Little Guy EVERY DAY! It is so great. When he is done with preschool, I pick him up and we have 2 hours to ourselves. Last week we had a few play dates over...but this week we are already planning our trip to the bakery! It is kind of a tradition that I have done with all my kids. We would go to the bakery and they'd pick out a cookie...and then we'd sit and I would shoot all kinds of questions at them! I was telling Little Guy all about it and Tiger over heard us talking. He said, "Little Guy you are so lucky. Mom will even let you have juice on that day! And you get to sit there with her while she drinks her coffee just the two of you." He then turned to me and said, "I wish we still did that mom." I was so glad that he remembered those days...and reminded that I need to make it happen more often for him as well.

I am so thankful for those precious memories with my kids...just the two of us.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This is such a sweet tradition, Nyla. I want to to this with T & L, individually.

Cathi Hamen said...

good times! as you know its harder when you have two of hte same sex becuz its soo natural to take the boys or girls and it takes more effort to take individual.. so good for you to utilize the after preschool time when really you are thinking. " what can i get done that is harder with 3??" time is precious.. they grow up FAST!!

even your time with Little Guy!

Jen S said...

That's sweet, Nyla. Enjoy those times! Let me know if you ever want to meet for lunch. That's one thing Madison still talks about from when she was in preschool. . .getting to go out to eat with me and my girlfriends. :)

Blake and Hollie said...

You teach the same grade that Malachi is in! Sounds like you and Little Guy are really enjoying some QT. That is great!

How is that book you are reading (The Shack)? Give me a review when you are done. The cover looks interesting.

Tales From the Eurovan said...

I have three kids and alone time is great, even though it doesn't happen all too often. How sweet! Take care,
Julie