Friday, July 18, 2008

The Beach AND Sunburns






The kids and I met some friends at the beach today. We had a such a wonderful time that no one wanted to leave...so we spent the whole day there! We saw dolphins and sand crabs...dug holes and went boogie boarding. It would have been a perfect day, except I didn't sunscreen the kids enough! We go to the beach 2-3 times a week...and I drive my kids crazy with all the lotion...but today I don't know what I was thinking (the sun was behind the clouds more than usual?)...my youngest got it the worst! Poor little guy. We poured on the aloe vera...and he finally is asleep!


Check out Cutie's blog...she had a huge achievement today! We are all so proud of her!

3 comments:

Jen S said...

No wonder I couldn't reach you! I want to bring you your present!!

P.S. How did you make your blog so pretty? I'm jealous. I want to make mine pretty too!

Blake and Hollie said...

I thought those were sharks! So, I guess they are dolphins then. Ha Ha. You fooled me...or are they sharks? I hope you get all the sunburns taken care of, that is no fun. Poor little Levi!

A Farmer's Wife said...

Thank you so much for your very kind comments about my blog!!! I was thinking the exact same thing...our lives are so different! That's what I love about the blogging world - great people in all walks of life that we wouldn't get to meet any other way! I think it would be so awesome to live near the ocean but I would also have to have fields and mountains nearby! You can bring your book to the farm sometime and I'll bring mine to the ocean sometime! AND - How AWESOME that your husband grew up on a farm...I am totally biased but I think it's the best! To answer your question about fuel...we primarily drive diesel pickups. Diesel is nearly $5/gallon! It costs us almost $20 to make one round trip to town! SCARY!!! We use something called red-dye diesel in the tractors on the farm. This is also over $4/gallon (it is usually cheaper than the diesel sold at gas stations because the red-dye means it can only be used off-highway and therefore it doesn't have the highway taxes attached to it). We have a storage tank for diesel here at the farm that holds one tanker-load of diesel...when my husband gets home I'll ask how many gallons that is...but my mother-in-law commented that not too long ago it cost $7,500 to fill that storage tank with diesel. This last Spring when we had to fill it we paid just short of $30,000!!! Even more scary, almost every function of the farm requires diesel use! We are hanging onto our wallets with both hands and praying for relief!!! Sorry for the long comment!