Thursday, July 24, 2008

Kids say the cutest things

The other night we tucked in the kids and sat down to watch a little tv. All of the sudden we hear Little Guy crying.
Tom: Little Guy why are you crying?
Little Guy: because I want to watch tv with you and mommy. I don't want to go to sleep.
Tom: Oh Little Guy, you need your rest so you can grow up to be big and strong. When you are small you need more rest than an adult.
Little Guy: Me want to be little forever daddy. I don't want to grow big...so can I get up and watch tv?
I don't know how Tom didn't scoop him up and bring him into the living room with us. I would have melted at that line. However, my husband knows when he is being manipulated!

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Kids DO say the cutest things! Melt my heart.

A Farmer's Wife said...

SOOOOO sweet! In all truth my husband and I should probably go to bed when the kids do but that's really the only 'together' time we have so we stay up and usually watch TV or a movie too!

My sister-in-law is married to my little brother (who is like a foot taller than me and balks at my use of the term 'little' brother). Anyway, he is a pediatric dentist in Phoenix. I wish we all lived closer to each other! They have been in Virginia for the last couple of years while he completed his pediatric residency. My parents farm near the Phoenix area and he wanted to live close to the farm. Her parents live about 10 miles away from my parents so now they are all there together and sometimes I am VERY jealous about that and incredibly lonely for my family!!! I've been away from my family for some time as I attended law school in Oklahoma during which I met my Boaz and wham...here I am in beautiful Southwestern Colorado! It's not too bad...only about 8 hours from my family but when they're all getting together for dinner a couple of times a week it feels like I am living on Mars!

A Farmer's Wife said...

I hit 'publish' too soon...I wanted to ask do you live close to your familiy?

Blake and Hollie said...

Awww, that is too cute.

Senior Gordon's said...

How sweet. I guess they all do it...want to stay up late and manipulate. Some things never change do they?