Thursday, July 31, 2008

Mixed Feelings

I have such mixed feelings today! I am getting ready to go to NJ to see my sister's new baby. I can't wait to meet her! I can't wait to see my sister again...it has been a whole year! Of course, I also can't wait to see my other niece, Abby and my nephew, Luke. We are going to have such a great time together.

So why the mixed feelings? I do not want to leave my hubby and kids. I find it terribly hard to be away from them. They bring me so much joy and happiness. My life is so entangled in their lives. I know they will be fine without me...and I will be fine without them...and it is only 4 sleeps...but it is still so hard. I have written them sweet notes...and will hide them all around the house for them to find. I will call them a few times a day...and the distance between all of us will only make us love and appreciate each other more!

I am reminded today of God's unselfishness to send His son to die for us. I cannot imagine giving up one of my children...even if it meant saving thousands. God's love for us is so strong and amazing...I am so glad to be one of his children!

6 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

You are so amazing!!! I love this post! I love your realization of God's great love for each of us! I am so glad you get to go be with your sister!!! Have the best time!!!

Chrissy said...

Hi Nyla. This blog is great! It is so nice to see pictures of you guys and your life in CA. You guys seem so happy - a far cry from RL days! Miss you! -Chrissy

Blake and Hollie said...

Go have fun, you need to see your sister and family. I know what it is like to be without your family. Our military life have definetly proved living apart for months at a time can bring your closer. You will love each other even more when you come back. I am sure they will love all the sweet little note you left for them, how special and fun. Be safe.

Monique said...

So sweet of you to leave little notes around. I know exactly how you feel. Thanks for sharing as that makes me feel normal! :) Love the video from a couple of posts ago. I keep going back to it for a good laugh. Last night I showed Darrin and he was laughing too. Cutie (I think that's his blogging code name but if not I'm referring to the little guy)is too cute!

Senior Gordon's said...

Nyla, please give our love to Janelle, Abby, Luke and baby. I would love to see them again and meet the baby. Maybe some day everyone can come together in once place (our home would work).

I just listened to Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young sing "Teach Your Children Well" and it really touched me.

Lyrics:
You who are on the road
Must have a code that you can live by
And so become yourself
Because the past is just a good bye.

Teach your children well,
Their father's hell did slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

And you, of tender years,
Can't know the fears that your elders grew by,
And so please help them with your youth,
They seek the truth before they can die.

Teach your parents well,
Their children's hell will slowly go by,
And feed them on your dreams
The one they picked, the one you'll know by.

Don't you ever ask them why, if they told you, you would cry,
So just look at them and sigh and know they love you.

This is so deep, but it is the cycle of life. I have so much love for my family and I have been truly blessed by God for many things. Of all of my gifts, this is the one I am most grateful for. You are all so special and I love you!

Rebecca said...

Nyla, you will have so much fun! I was sad to leave Greg and the dogs when I went to Okinawa, but I wouldn't have traded it for anything. I'm used to Greg being gone a lot with the Army, but the homecoming is worth it!