Wednesday, July 16, 2008

What's your High/Low?



Tonight I had a date with all my boys! Cutie is at a slumber party (can't believe she is old enough for that already) so Hubby decided we should take the boys to dinner. The boys chose Cheesecake Factory and chose to sit outside. The weather was perfect. They had so much fun being silly...the table infront of us kept turning around to watch Tiger take pictures of Hubby with his silly face. I wonder where my boys get there silliness from?!

During dinner we always play "high/low". You go around the table and tell your "high" (great thing that happened) and then your low (not so great thing that happened)
It goes like this:

Dad: Who wants to go first with high/low tonight?
Tiger: Me! My high is right now! I love eating dinner together. My low is that Cutie isn't here with us. I pick Dad!
Dad: My high is definitely being with the boys right now. My low is also that Cuite isn't here. I pick Sweetie.
Sweetie: My low is Cutie isn't here, I miss her. My high is that I love my mama, daddy, Tiger and Cutie. I pick Mama.
Mom: My high is being with all three of my boys. My low is that Cutie isn't with us.

How precious that we were all happy to be together, but missing our Cutie. I am always amazed at how my children almost always say that dinner is their high. It doesn't matter if we spend the whole day at Disney...they will always say eating as a family is their high. I have to agree, there is nothing I love more than sitting around the table with my loved ones enjoying great food...creating more memories.


6 comments:

Unknown said...

So sweet. I love High/Low! And I love you guys, too.

Robin said...

Cute Idea. I like it!

Monique said...

Great idea! Can't wait till my kids get a little older for these games! I'm taking notes!

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I ended up taking down that post since I didn't realize that one of my friends had her baby the same day. I wrote that post before I knew that she went into labor (she was a week early) but I just didn't want anyone to think I was sad because she had her baby. I am soo happy for her and today am turning my saddness over our loss into worship and celebrating our baby's life in heaven! :)

Monique said...

Love the new look! I've considered doing that too but I was afraid to lose pictures. Did you lose anything? It looks sooo great!

A Farmer's Wife said...

I had some quiet time one morning and stumbled onto your blog after reading part of Lisa Leonard's blog. I thoroughly enjoy reading your blog. You have such a sense of priorities in your life and I truly appreciate the way you value what is most important. Thank you for all you share here. You have been such an inspiration to me on family and prioritizing! I have started my own blog but have only managed 2 entries, the last of which I badly botched! If I ever get the hang of posting and post regularly I will let you know! Thank you again for the way you have chosen to live your life and sharing it with those of us in blog-land!

Nyla said...

Monique-the only thing I lost was the links to all my friends blogs...I had to go find them all and retype them in. It was so worth it though! I really like the new look. I think it fits me perfectly! If you want help, call me anytime! :)