Sunday, July 13, 2008

I Think I Am Falling In Love With...


...RUNNING!

Most of you that know me well are probably re-reading that line! I know it is crazy, but I have been running for that past two weeks - OUTSIDE. It is a huge difference to be outside. I have tried running on treadmills, but I get bored. There is something about running outside that I just love. It is so nice to watch the sun rise and hear the birds(or my Ipod) - today I heard a crunch under my right shoe...sorry Mr. Snail, I didn't see you!


I started out really slow...just run/walk/run/walk and now I am up to running 2 miles every morning. I can't wait to go again tomorrow.
I just learned that running outside is ORGANIC/GREEN because I am saving electricity. Who knew!

5 comments:

Cathi Hamen said...

Good for YOU, it is a great time to think and be alone!!

Blake and Hollie said...

I am so glad you are falling in love :) It is a nice cardio. I fell in love with running when I lived in Bethesda ,7 miles in the morning and 3 at lunch. But we broke up. Now, we struggle to maintain our love affair. Like Cathi said though, it is a great time to be alone and unwind your mind. Where are you running? Be careful with your iPod and on public roads. It scares me when I see people and they can't hear cars.

Morgan said...

OMG NYLA! RUNNING! I can't believe it. We just had that conversation when I was visiting. lol I am so glad that you are enjoying it! Keep it up.

Jen S said...

Way to go, Nyla! I know I need to post, but I haven't had any time...literally NO time since we've been back!

Monique said...

Okay so this post has been a huge inspiration to me. Brace yourself for a long comment!

I hate running. I've tried it through out my life and I hate it. Most recently Beth N tried helping me enjoy it. I ran on her treadmill for 1 mile, nearly died, jumped off the treadmill after 20 seconds or so and basically thought I was dying! HA! So I've actually really been convicted of my poor attitude towards running and my "if it hurts or is hard stop doing it mentality." So after you posted this, I've been really encouraged to try it out again at my pace. You made it sound really inviting with listening to the birds and being all by yourself. This morning I gave it a shot! I got up at 5:30 left the house at 5:45 then ran/walked to and around Rancho lake. It was awesome! I am really going to be persistent about it and hopefully in time I will be able to the run the whole mile and a half! It was much better than the treadmill and I was going at my own pace but still challenging myself. My short term goal is to do this until I can run the whole time! Beth N is going to be super proud of me but more importantly I'm proud of myself! :) Thanks for this post! I really needed encouragement in this area!