Sunday, July 20, 2008

Our Kid's Day

We are so blessed to have three beautiful children. Today we spent the day celebrating them. They have been so looking forward to today.

Originally our plan was to make chocolate chip pancakes with whip cream and jelly beans. But, we went to Costco yesterday and tried their sample of Cinnamon Toast. The kids took one bite and started asking us to buy it for Kid's Day. How could I say no? It is so much easier to toast up some thick bread and slap butter on it before church than bring on out the griddle and make pancakes! We did still serve jelly beans!

After church, Sweetie and I took a little cat nap. The rest of the family went to the park and rode bikes. After our nap, Sweetie rode his bike in the neighborhood. Then we played a little Wii...Tiger's gift was the Indian Jones game. Tiger asked us last week if they would be getting gifts like we do on Mother's day and Father's Day. We hadn't thought of that...but why not?!Tiger got the Wii game, Cutie got some more music downloaded on her Ipod, and Sweetie wanted an Elmo toy!
We headed to the kids favorite restaurant for dinner and then went to the movies. Oh, and don't forget the ice cream! We had planned on getting ice cream before dinner...but the kids decided they wanted to eat first! Go figure!

Now we are getting ready to get into the hot tub...Sweetie's back is better! Sweetie asked Cutie if he could sleep in her room tonight! So, she told both her brothers they could have a slumber party in her room! I don't know if they will get any sleep, but they are having fun!

We are so thankful the Lord blessed us with our children. I hope they will always know how much we love them, but how much more their Heavenly Father loves them!
Enjoy the slide show below!

4 comments:

A Farmer's Wife said...

Yay for Kid's Day!!! You are wonderful parents! I think so many people tend to get caught up in themselves and life and kind of wind up taking their kids for granted! You guys are a wonderful example to us all!!!

As far as kids names on my blog...I think with 5 boys it would be confusing for people to keep up with who is who. Also, I have that little map thing showing where people are who look at the blog...kind of scary because I realize that anyone can look and given the way of the world today that freaks me out a little. I have pondered going private but I just don't know yet.

Our boys names are:

Zack - 21, getting married Nov. 22 and going to school up at BYU-Idaho.

BJ - 18 just graduated from high school. Working this summer and then going to a welding school.

Quinton - 15 loves everything football and Air Force.

Taren - 11 loves soccer!

Cy - pronounced "sigh" - 2 (sometimes terrible two - what to do about the fit throwing???) - loves to be in the big middle of everything!

My name is Xela ("shayla") and my husband's name is Ben.

Quinton picked the movie we watched last night...Hidalgo. I wanted to cross stitch while we watched but Cy decided he needed to 'help' me cross stitch. I finally just let him loose with the needle and thread...quite the design he made on my cross stitch. I've go to take it out later but I want to take a picture first! I write the longest posts! I've got to work on this!!!

Blake and Hollie said...

Did you go to Golden Spoon again? I can't believe you did jelly beans. I wouldn't dream of doing something like that, but then I guess it wouldn't be kids day without candy! LOL. I loved the slideshow, it was perfect.

Blake and Hollie said...

Oh, I forgot to tell you...YOU are BOTH the best parents for your children. I can tell how happy they are in the pictures. You have done a great job of raising them.

Jill Duarte said...

Hooray for kids. Sounds like "Kid's Day" was a HUGE success at your house! Love the pictures (and they helped me with the who's who of Sweetie, Cutie and Tiger).