Sunday, July 6, 2008

July 7 1996 - 12 years ago...




Hubby and I got hitched! It is hard to believe we have been married for 12 years now. Do you remember when you got married and how you thought you couldn't love that person any more than you already did? Well, you can! Hubby and I have been through so many things...but through it all we have only grown closer to our loving Father and one another. I would marry him a hundred times over! It is such a blessing to be his wife. I am so thankful for him and all he does for me and our family.
Hubby and I normally celebrate our anniversary by going to a nice dinner together. But this year we decided to celebrate with our children. Hubby told the kids yesterday that today was a special day because it was the day we started our family. We called today our "family anniversary day". They were very excited to celebrate with us. We took them to a movie, dinner and then to the regional park to walk the dogs, throw the football and play at the park. We had a wonderful time. During dinner Hubby told the kids how we met and how he proposed to me. Sweetie was so cute! He wanted to know where he was when dad saw me for the first time. Tiger told him they were all dead! Hubby had to explain that none of them were created yet. Then Cutie wanted to know if it was hard for dad to ask Papa if he could marry me...and if it was hard to actually ask me to marry him. It was a really neat time with the kids.
I am so thankful for my husband and my family. God has truly blessed us!
I love this picture! Who is walking who?

7 comments:

Morgan said...

CONGRATS!!!! You guys are so adorable together! I love seeing how happy you both are. You are such a great example of a awesome and loving relationship ! Love you both!

Blake and Hollie said...

Happy Anniversary! Twelve years is wonderful. I am glad you are still "hitched". You are a great couple and a awesome family. Why are those little dogs walking you and Levi? That is such a cute picture.

Shan said...

Happy Anniversary! What a fun and special way to spend the day! And I think you really got to celebrate your anniversary alone last weekend! :} Many more years and blessings to you!

Jen S said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jen S said...

Happy Anniversary, Nyla (and Tom)! You are a GREAT couple! I am so glad that Kent and I have been able to get to know you and spend time with you. We have a lot of fun with you two!

Senior Gordon's said...

Happy Anniversary, Nyla and Tom! 12yrs is a long time. Blake and I were there the day you got hitched. It was a beautiful day in every way. Your family is a blessing to everyone in our family. We love you! oxox

Cathi Hamen said...

Happy Anniversary!
Sounds like a great celebration!